The Library of Ahmet Havuz, chief groom to Sultan Selim 3rd, was built in 1793-1794, to give the opportunity to the teachers of the heratic schools of the city to study classical arabic literature. Initially 824 manuscripts were donated, becoming more than 2000 during the ages.
The Library consists of the main building covered by two cupolas, in the centre of a courtyard and two lateral wings housing offices in the ground floor and residences on the top floor, for the people then working in the premises.
The Library was restorated in 1989 by the Hellenic ministry of culture and a full recording of its manuscripts took place during 1998-2002.
1. Click the «Get Directions» button below . Enter the home position in «A:» . The destination position «B:» is already completed.
2. Click on ‘GET DIRECTION’ button.
To change the transportation mode, click on the corresponding icon for transport by car, public transport, cycling, hiking, or plane.