Kallithea Thermal Springs
The Kallithea complex was built on the exact spot where the landing of the first Italian forces was conducted, on the eastern part of the island, nine kilometers away from the city of Rhodes.
The project was constructed when Mario Lago was the commander of the Dodecanese (1924-1936). The architect who supervised the project was Pietro Lombardi.
The inauguration was held on 1 July 1929, and it was an attraction pole for numerous patients and scientists from all over the world. The final form of the outdoor space was completed in 1930.
The waters of Kallithea were suitable and therapeutic for many diseases.
All the interventions implemented on the site are highly respectful to the natural landscape and to humans. Buildings with sizes adjusted to the natural cavities, and free architectural elements connect in morphological terms different civilizations which had an impact on Rhodes.
The complex is fully restored and is suitable for swimming and relaxation. Numerous cultural events are also organized.
1. Click the «Get Directions» button below . Enter the home position in «A:» . The destination position «B:» is already completed.
2. Click on ‘GET DIRECTION’ button.
To change the transportation mode, click on the corresponding icon for transport by car, public transport, cycling, hiking, or plane.